I get a lot of questions about my hair, such as what products am I currently using. So, decide I will share with you what I am using, and how I am using them.
First, is the shampoo and conditioner. I currently using Tresemme’s Shampoo and Conditioner.
- Shampoo: This shampoo is lower in Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, or Sulfate, than the traditional shampoo. Sulfate is a detergent that is added to the shampoo to create that lather everyone loves to see. Sulfate is also in every dish soap you use. However, sulfate can be useful when you are trying to rid you hair of product build up. I wash my hair one every two weeks with shampoo.
- Conditioner: Choosing the right conditioner is very important. Conditioner is meant to replenish the hair of all the moisture that the shampoo could have stripped away. I always go for the moisturizing conditioner. I also co-wash with this conditioner. I condition my hair after every wash.
- co-wash: Washing the hair with condition instead of shampoo.
- This is an step that is commonly skipped by many people. I use the ORS Hair Mayonnaise , this helps moisture , and strengthens the hair.
- Some people choose to add an egg to it to provide protein qualities to the deep conditioner.
For Styling Products, I am currently loving Camille Rose’s Almond Jai Butter. I can’t express how much I love this product. It is so moisturizing, it gives great shine, and a little goes a long way. However, it isn’t the cheapest product, but it is worth every penny. You better believe I am wiping the side of the container to make sure I get all of my pennies. Haha.
I also use a shea butter mixture I made. It is 100% African shea butter mixed with aloe vera gel, coconut oil and vitamin E. This is also good for your skin, even a chapstick. Thank me later.
Lastly,lets talk styling tools. Honestly, the Denman Brush is the only hair tool I actually use on my hair in it’s natural state. I am not a big fan of combs, this brush has replaced combs in my life. The only time you will see me using a comb is if I am parting my hair. I using this brush to detangle my hair when I am not finger detangling, and also to smooth out my hair when I am twisting it.
I like to keep it simple when it comes to my hair. Don’t get my wrong I love trying new products, but these are my staples. If you have any question feel free to comment below.