So this topic has been on my mind for a LONG time. I have been thinking about becoming a straight hair natural. I know many people frown upon applying heat to natural hair, but the truth is I don’t care what other people think anymore.
I have achieved my hair goals and beyond. At this point in my life, its all about convenience. I am starting to neglect my hair because it takes too much time to do in its natural state. My hair is really long, and it takes way too long to detangle, wash and style. I am thinking about keeping my hair straight for Fall and Winter, keeping it curly for Spring and Summer.
This is my plan:
- Wash, Condition and Deep Condition: every two-three weeks.
- Blow Dry and Flat Iron: every two-three weeks ( I won’t be re-applying any more heat after the initial flat iron)
How I plan to keep me hair straight for the two-three weeks
- Styling: Curl with Flexi rods (Flexi rods will help keep the roots stretched) Curl Formers
- Working out: Wear my hair in a high tight ponytail with a wide headband. Wearing your hair in a high ponytail will keep the hair off the scalp preventing it from coming in contact with your sweat. The wide headband will absorb your sweat around your edges.
These are Curlformers, another great way heatless way to stretch your hair
If my hair starts to revert before wash days
- I will utilize some protective styles such as; high buns, milk-maid braid, side french braids, and super cute headbands.
- I will also wear twist-outs, braid-outs and other curly hairstyles.
Products I will be using:
- Shampoo and Conditioner: Tresemme Natural Shampoo, Tresemme ReMoisturize Condition
- Heat Protector: Silk Elements Olive Heat Protection
- Straightening Product: Biosilk Silk Strate
- Moisturizer: Coconut Oil
- Edge Control: Eden Bodyworks Edge Control
Remember, this is all a trial and error process. I am sure this won’t be the only process that I try. I will keep you all update on how this regimen works for me, or if I decide to go back to being a curly girl.
I will keep you updated on how this regimen works for me, or if I decide to go back to being a curly girl.