Hello Peeps, its time to meal prep. Are you ready?
I woke up this morning to head to Trader Joe’s to get my grocery shopping done early. I am not sure if you have ever gone grocery shopping on a Sunday, but LAWD have mercy the store is so packed.
*Hers is a tip: Grab a magazine at checkout to take your mind off of the long lines.
When prepping, I usually develop my meals from the ingredients on hand. Today, my first dish will consist of Crimson mushrooms and baby broccoli.
For this dish I used ( all from Trader Joe’s):
- a half of purple onion
- 16 oz of baby broccoli
- 12 oz of sliced Crimson mushroom
First prep the veggies: dice the onion and wash the mushroom and broccoli.
Then saute the onion and the mushroom in a little oil on medium heat. Once the mushroom and onion are the almost done, add the baby broccoli. Cover the pan and allow the broccoli to steam until they are to your liking.
Next, I made some Hoisin BBQ sauce Kale. This is literally the best kale recipe ever. I could literally eat a pound of this kale in one sitting. The main ingredients are kale, vegan bacon and Hoisin BBQ Sauce.
- Again, first start with diced red onion and chopped vegan bacon.
- Start by sauteing the onion in a little oil, once the onion are starting to get transparent, sparkle a pinch of sea salt on top and stir.
- Next, add the chopped vegan bacon to the onion and bacon together allowing the flavor to release from the bacon. Keep a constant stir to avoid burning the bacon.
- Then, add as much kale as your pan will allow cover for approx. 2 mins. Add a approx 1/4 cup of water on the kale, this will aggravate the oil and help promote the steam ; this will speed up the cooking process to prevent over cooking .
- Once you notice the steam has started, pour the Hoisin BBQ sauce on top.
- Once, the kale is to wilted and to your desire tenderness you are done.
- plate it and eat it.
For this super easy cauliflower,
- Choose the largest cauliflower you can find; they’re much easier to cut into steaks.
- Remove the outer leaves and trim the stem end.
- Hold cauliflower with its base on a cutting board.
- With a sharp knife, make one cut through the center of the cauliflower to divide it in half.
- Now cut each half into two 3/4-inch thick slices.
- Place on a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Coat them with a little olive oil
- Sparkle with desired season
- Bake on 400 degree with approx 20 mins
Sweet potatoes are so yummy and one of my favorite carbs.
I literally just cut them in 1/4 inch slices, seasoned and baked them for approx. 30 mins.
I hope your week is full with nothing but positive vibes.